Hello and happy 2015!
This semester is jam packed with exciting events and opportunities, and we at the CEC cannot wait to get started. We are pleased to announce the beginning of our Gardening Club at the Concho Community Garden, new Team Lead opportunities at the Microfarm, the germination of UT Trees from UT seeds at the Tree Nursery, the expansion of composting to the Union, a growing emphasis on off campus volunteering, and more! To get involved, come out to our weekly meetings in JGB 2.202 on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 pm.
Mark your calendars for these upcoming events!
- (Weekly) Concho Community Garden and Microfarm workdays
- CCG: Tuesdays 5-7pm, Sundays 9:30am-12:30pm +Garden club @9am
- MF: Thursdays 3:30 pm-6:30 pm, Saturdays 9 am-12 pm
- (2.7) Blunn Creek Invasive Species Removal
- 9am-12 noon
- (2.9) Valentine’s plantable card event!
- (2.25) Green Fee Fair
- (3.2) Green Fee Application Due
- (3.7) It’s My Park Day
- (4.8, 4.15, 4.24) Trash to Treasure
- (4.15) Alternative Transportation Fair
- (4.19) West Campus Clean-up
- (4.20-4.24) Earth Week
- (May) Bike Month
For more information on these events and opportunities, as well as CEC members and programs, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and sign up for our newsletter at our new website: www.utenvironment.org!
If you would like to be involved in planning for Earth Week, outreach initiatives for the Green Fee, or any of our CEC programs, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy your weekends! And remember to Bleed Orange, Think Green!