12 Reasons why I bike everywhere:
- You look like a bad-ass. One rolled up cuff, a sweet helmet, some bike shorts, done deal.
- You burn calories, not fuel. On an average commute, most people will burn 360 calories.
- Burning more calories means you can eat more delicious food. So, treat yourself to some ice cream, or whatever makes your mouth water.
- Biking gives you quads of steel, and who doesn’t like quads of steel. If you really feel like feeling the burn, crank those gears up!
- Biking promotes a healthy lifestyle. Biking reduces heart attack, cancer, bad attitude, you name it!
- You get places faster than walking.
- And sometimes you get places faster than driving. Traffic sucks, so stay out of it!
- You get to feel the wind in your face, and a drop in your belly when you go fast enough. Just be careful of traffic and wear a helmet.
- Biking is pretty inexpensive, about 30 times less expensive than owning and maintaining a car. Bikes cost a fraction of the cost of gas, they don’t require fuel, and repairs are pretty cheap.
- It’s a great stress relief. Moderate exercise, like biking, releases natural endorphins that make you feel less stressed, more energized, and happier. Bike to school, I promise you will feel more motivated.
- You don’t ever have to worry about a parking spot. About 20 standard bikes can be parked in the space of one parking spot. Dang!
- Biking builds community. Biking with a friend is like a mini road trip!
So get on a bike and have an awesome time!
– Gabrielle Stedman